The Galveston County Health District is committed to identifying public health issues that impact our everyday life. We work daily to prevent disease, protect against public health threats and promote good health for all of Galveston County.
Mission: Protecting and promoting the One Health of Galveston County.
Vision: To be a pillar, promoter, protector, and provider of healthfulness in Galveston County.
Values: I CARE
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do.
- Customer Service: We are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves to high standards and take responsibility for our actions.
- Respect: We uphold a standard of conduct that recognizes and values the contributions of all.
- Equality: We equally value and serve all members of the community.
Strategic Health Plan
Our 2023-2028 Strategic Health Plan provides a roadmap for working towards making Galveston County a healthier place to live, work and play.
History of GCHD
Public Health in Galveston County: A Historical Recollection by the History Council of the Galveston County Health District is a look at the history and role of public health in the county.
Looking for services outside the scope of GCHD? Try searching the UTMB Community Resource Directory.