What is the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal is an easy way to get in touch with your Coastal Health & Wellness team. It is a secure, internet application that allows you to:
- Request and view appointments
- Send a message to your medical provider, nurse, billing, medical records, registration, or the referral department
- View a summary of your health record and lab results
- Request a prescription refill
- View and pay your statement online
How do I get access to the Patient Portal?
Click here to learn how to create a Patient Portal account. If you are an existing CHW patient and would like to sign up for the Patient Portal, please ask a CHW staff member to assist you with registering. You will be provided a unique email link to create your patient portal account. This will allow you to access your health records, request an appointment, ask your provider a question, etc. If you have already signed up, please proceed to the link below to enter the CHW Patient Portal.
You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the CHW Patient Portal. You must also be an active patient of a CHW clinic provider.
CHW will collect, access, safeguard, use or disclose your health information through this portal only in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and CHW internal policies and procedures. Please click here to view our Notice of Privacy Practices.
The security of your health information is important to us. CHW reviews its security practices on a regular basis to ensure your information is securely maintained and safeguarded in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and CHW internal policies and procedures. However, there is always an inherent risk when you voluntarily disclose information over the Internet. CHW cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of your information when transmitted over the Internet or any wireless network. You assume the risk of any unauthorized disclosure of your health information by transmitting information through the Patient Portal.
Use of Patient Portal
By voluntarily participating in CHW Patient Portal, you understand and agree to the following:
- CHW Patient Portal is not meant to be used in the case of an emergency. If you should experience an emergency, you should immediately seek appropriate emergency care.
- Patient Portal is intended as a secure online means for you to access your confidential medical record information. Please note that if you share your Patient Portal username and password with another person this will allow that person to see your confidential medical record information. Coastal Health and Wellness and Galveston County Health District have no responsibility concerning any breach of your confidential medical record information due to your sharing or losing your username and password.
- Patient Portal is being provided to you as a convenience. CHW has the right to terminate your Patient Portal access at any time for any reason.
- CHW reserves the right to change Patient Portal from time to time. CHW may also suspend or terminate Patient Portal at any time.
- CHW will use all efforts to keep Patient Portal free from error, but CHW cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy, or adequacy of Patient Portal information. CHW cannot guarantee Patient Portal itself will be fault-free, but CHW will attempt to correct reported faults in a reasonable time frame.
- CHW will attempt to provide Patient Portal without interruption. Access is provided based on availability and cannot be guaranteed on a 24 hour 7 day week basis.